lunes, 30 de noviembre de 2009

With a little help from my friends # 03

My Dear,

“- I have really enjoyed watching people viscerally reacting running to the toilet, or a lady shouting outside on the lobby: ‘This is so grouse, so grouse, how do they allow it?’
-Was that the purpose?
-I like it, but it wasn’t the purpose. The purpose is to make them feel. When you achieve it, the next step is reflection. It is not a melodrama where you supposedly feel but it all rests in peace; feeling is needed and reflection –because we are westerners-, comes after, we already do it, it’s pointless to look for it. Besides, the public has to take the right to leave whenever they want, I don’t have the slightest problem with that. If they leave, that’s good, the audience is no hostage. I want the audience to opt, to choose.”[3]

Love,

Diego

[3] “El Nacimiento del Infierno”. Interview to Rubén Ortiz. Uno Más Uno, Sunday supplement. February 9th, 2008.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario